Shower of Blessings Meditation Practice and Tsok
With Orgyen Chowang Rinpoche
February 10, 2024
Please register for only one of the formats: Online or In-Person.
For In-Person Attendance: Registration closes at 6:00pm Pacific Time on Friday, February 9th. If the available seats fill up early, there will be an option to add your name to a waiting list.
Orgyen Chowang Rinpoche will be leading a Shower of Blessings Meditation Practice and Tsok which will include teachings on the practice as well as guided meditation.
This is a particularly special day to practice together as it is also the Tibetan New Year!
In this rich and transformative form of meditation, instead of focusing on an ordinary object of our attention such as the breath, we focus on extraordinary objects by visualizing enlightened art, reciting enlightened poetry and mantras, and cultivating extraordinary attitudes. This meditation, based on the Seven-Line Prayer of Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava, combines focusing on these enlightened objects of attention with the practice of resting in Pristine Mind.
9:00am – 12:00pm Pacific Time: Teaching and Shower of Blessing Meditation and Tsok
$25 – Program Price
$26 – $125 – Program Price + Donation
$5 – $24 – Scholarship Rate
$40 – Program Price
$41 – $250 – Program Price + Donation
$15 – $39 – Scholarship Rate (Limited seats available for in-person scholarship rate. Please contact us if you no longer see this option available upon checkout.)
No one will be turned away for lack of funds as space allows. Please contact us if you need to make special arrangements.
- There are no prerequisites and anyone with background with or interest in meditation practices that include visualization and mantra recitation is welcome to attend.
Live Stream and Recording:
- This program will be live-streamed on Zoom for participants attending Online. Please note that since you will receive the live stream link immediately upon registration, we are not able to offer refunds for this program.
- Audio and video recordings will be available for all participants (In-Person and Online) approximately one week after the event. The recordings will be available for 3 months.
- If you’re coming from out of town and need local accommodations, here are several hotels within a 20 minute driving distance:
We ask that anyone who is not feeling well or has any recent symptoms of illness prior to the event – or who has been in close contact with anyone who does – not attend in-person. If you are no longer able to attend in-person, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you in getting set up to attend remotely via the live stream. Please let us know as far in advance as possible so that we may offer your seat to someone else.
- The Shower of Blessings teachings will be based on Shower of Blessings: A Practice of Oneness with the Enlightened Master Based on the Seven-Line Prayer by Mipham Jampal Gyepa. Rinpoche has translated this practice and a link to the PDF will be provided to all participants prior to the event.
- Physical practice booklets will be available for purchase on site if you are attending in person. Physical copies of the booklet may also be purchased online here. If you are attending in person and choose to order a physical book in advance, we suggest that you place your order order at least a week before the retreat to ensure it will arrive to you in time. Otherwise, you can purchase a booklet upon arrival for the retreat.
- If you have a different time zone, you may convert the time to your local time here.
Orgyen Chowang Rinpoche is a meditation master and teacher residing in the San Francisco bay area of California. Rinpoche began his studies in Tibet with the great Jigmed Phuntsok Rinpoche, widely acknowledged as one of the greatest Dzogchen masters of the twentieth century. More…
Learn more about Orgyen Chowang Rinpoche